In total the swim (including training and equipment) will cost me well over £5,000. I have therefore set myself the goal of raising £5,000+ for Cancer Research UK, to support them in their valuable work fighting this terrible disease.
I am completely funding the swim myself, but have been very lucky to receive support / sponsorship towards meeting this goal for Cancer Research UK from some amazing people and companies.
I would like to say a huge thank you to all the wonderful people and organisations who are already supporting my English Channel Solo swim for August 2013 and the training it will involve.
Dry Robes: http://www.wandering-star.co.uk
Athlete Matters, Worsley: http://www.athletematters.com
Borut Strel and Strel Swimming: http://www.strel-swimming.com
Robie Robes: http://www.robierobes.com
BEST FEST, Open Water Swim Festival: http://www.bestopenwater.com
The BEST centre, Mallorca, the perfect place for Triathlon and Open Water swimming: http://www.BESTswimCentre.com
Dave Quartermain and USwim Open Water: www.uswimopenwater.com
Groves Cottage St Margaret’s: www.grovescottage.co.uk
If you would like to support me with my swim your business / organisation might like to provide sponsorship for…
Free or discounted services, for example;
- Entry to swimming pools / Open water venues
- Sports massages
- Nutrition advice
- Technique advice
Free or discounted resources, for example;
- Items related to my training: swimming costumes, hats, goggles, floats, kit bags, towels, watch, lap counters, petrol
- Equipment for my feeds: thermos flasks, water bottles
- Warm clothing to prevent post swim hypothermia
- Safety equipment: light sticks, whistles
- Items related to my feeds: Maxim, mini-rolls, rice pudding, Jelly Babies
Many thanks, in advance, for your support and generosity!